Wednesday, April 26, 2006

In a blink of an eye ?

The event that changed our lives seemed to have taken place in a blink of an eye. This was not the case for over two years John had sleep problems. Just before the event the doctor had scheduled John for a sleep study but his body gave out.

I am going to tell the event with my eyes. I have not talked to others on how I felt . I would answered it was hard. I have told others about some of the actions of God. Because of the length I will take several days .

On September 18, 2002 John asked me to go up to the clinic and see if he could get some O2 . He was having trouble breathing. I went to the office and asked and they said they would have to see him. So we struggled over to the clinic and they quickly determined he need O2 and that he should go into the hospital. I am not sure anymore but I think they took X-Rays. John refused to go in the ambulance insisting that I take him over to Iron River. Taking the oxygen tank we drove to the Iron River hospital where they quickly worked on Him. He recovered enough to give me instruction on who to call to make the changes that need to be made. In the evening I left him and went home trying to get sleep. I didn't I was up early and the phone rang it was the Doctor and he said that
John's vital signs were shuting down and they were loosing him. They didn't know why. I should call the kids home. I had called the kids already and they were already coming home. I lashed out at God. This was so unfair. John had served him well. He didn't take vacations. He was looking forward to retiring and "playing with his trains". Then an inner voice said that I was angry with the wrong person. Satan was the cause. I began praying for John's healing and rebuking Satan. I got in the car and drove to the hospital. As I entered the door I was met by the doctor. He told me that they had but a tube in and they were sending him to Marquette.

The next part of the adventure takes place in Marquette.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Its wierd on how quickly are lives can change on a dime is it not. I remember that phone call. I remember the phone call from pennie after words also. I think pennies was scaryer I dont know why maybe it was how scared she was you could hear it in her voice. That was a very long car ride home. I can thing of maybe five other times in my life where my life as I knew it would never be the same. Some happy some sad. But thats life.

8:57 PM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

I have often been on the side of the one that things happen too. When i hear you speak of this, i realize how much stress and pain and how slow time passes for our loved ones watching and waiting as the events occurred. It's not easy to go through any major trauma but i know it's not any more easier to be the one watching and praying and hoping.
You are a marvelous wife. I know that. I can read that from Dr. John's post. You love him, comfort him, pray with him and for him, support him and aid him every second of his life. May God Bless you. You are an example of what real love looks like and acts like.
Thank you for sharing with such hard memories. I'm sorry they happened at all. Yes, it is life. Uncontrollable by us and hard to understand sometimes. It's hard for me to always remember i/you/we are in God's hands and He knows what/when/how/why. I believe their are reasons for everything, whether we choose to see them, accept them, or learn from them. I often don't know what they are. But i know someday i'll learn. Dr. John is a wonderful man. I love his stories. I feel right at home with all your family. He is a great servant for Our Lord, why then should he have had to suffer? Only God decides why our crosses are what they are. HIs was to go through them, yours was to see him go through them. Both awful in their own right. I'm sorry for the suffering of all of you, your children, your grand-kids, your friends. I'm glad he's still around. I'm glad to have met you all. I'm priviledge to read your words. I wish you well today and always and thank you.

9:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is funny how when we need God most we sometimes get mad at him. I am sure he understands. And I am glad you turned it around.

5:50 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

You and John know the secret to a happy marriage....you are so lucky! God bless you both.

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home