Monday, April 10, 2006

No mine finished

Most of my day I was trying to build a mine for the HO layout. It is metal but you are to put it together with glue. I used glue for metal. It said so on the bottle. You have to wait an hour for it to set. With plastic it is a 30 second wait, useing another type of glue. As I tried to put all the pieces together they would fall apart. I gave up and looked at the other mine I had that was metal but was to be put together with solder. I have never used solder before . I didn't have the correct solder, so I put that mine away. I returned to the first one. I am stubborn. I have now the individual pieces glued. Will try again tomorrow .
While I labored up stairs men were putting in a new furnace. The furnace works and is very quiet.
Time to stop for now and call my daughter.

4 Comments:

Blogger Louisiana said...

How great a furnace that works well and is quiet. I'm glad. Good luck with your mines today. I hope they don't give you a hard time and it works for you today. It's nice to have a mom call you. I know i love hearing my moms voice...enjoy your day.

5:14 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

Hi Betty!
I wish I was there...I have a solder (sp) gun...I do stained glass and I have to use it for that. I could do your mine for you.
Its nice to have a project to do....mine is my bedroom! Im going to clean it.....soon. lol Have a great day Betty!!!!! Huggs!

7:33 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

Perhaps you should try talking to the mine to get results.

"Mine, please stay together or I will have to go back to the other mine."
or
"You know, when I was your age, I did not have glue to hold myself together, I had to use good old dirt!"

or maybe

"If you do not get yourself together (no pun intended) I will have to send you back to where you came from and get a new one that does not require so much effort on my part!"

Good luck!

2:08 PM  
Blogger Penelda said...

You are the expert use your best magic and pray. I will wait to hear from you tonight.

4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home