Friday, April 14, 2006

Which Holiday?

I have the opinion there are two holiday s for each Christian holiday , Christmas and Easter. At Christmas there is Jesus's birthday and Santa Claus. At Easter, Jesus resurrection and spring ,flowers and bunnies. Santa claus and the Easter bunny are secular and are used to promote sales. There has developed confusion between the two holidays so much so that the bunny is a Christian symbol. It would offend someone?
There is an offence in the Easter holiday. It is Jesus death and resurrection. Jesus who said He was God [ He was crazy or God] was killed. Then He arose . The cross or empty tomb are Christian symbols, the Lily also means new life. End of my rant.

Dr John blogged about my new monitor taking away my thunder. It is great . I am excited about the buildings but I am still working on the mine. I have the base done can't get the crane to stay on.

I went to the new Subway. What a long line . I stayed in line for an hour just to get to the store. It was worth the wait. They gave away sandwiches, cake, soda and cookies for the kids. I think the wait was because the workers and buyers were new.

Have a happy holiday which ever you are celebrating.

5 Comments:

Blogger Louisiana said...

My grandma just recently said something very similar to that. It's true, you have the religious celebration and the secular holiday for both times of the year.

That was very nice of Subway to give out so many things for free! I can't say they have done anything like that up here. Maybe a cookie but not much more...It was a long wait and you didn't mind. That saids how much patience you have. Such a wonderful gift...

I hope you and your lovely family have a Blessed Easter. I can imagine how wonderful it will be to have everyone gathered together.

7:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Subway when I am trying to eat healthy. And when I am not eating healthy, the have the BEST cookies. Darn now I want some. LOL!

I agree with you on the Easter christian thing. I do not see how the bunny is related. Some non Christians still do the eggs and bunny stuff. We do not own the rights to the Easter bunny! But even if we did, I wish those people would just get over it. All the whining about that stuff is getting old. If you don't believe in it fine! Stop whining! I am getting offended that those people are always offended! LOL!

Have a great weekend Betty! :)

10:09 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

I commented yesterday but not until today so you might want to check the comments again. An hour is a long time to wait but I am glad it was worth it. I hope the shop does well. Happy Easter to all...we will be thinking of you.

Lori

11:57 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

My thing about the bunny was that they want No reference made to Easter b/c of the non Christians..whether it be the cross, a lily or the bunny. Just like its now seasons greetings instead of Merry Christmas. I think they need to get a life and each person should do exactly as they please.

How nice that your subway gave all those things out!!! I love subs...Ive never had thier cookies but will have to try one.

I wish you and your family a blessed Easter!!! Have a great weekend!!!!!

3:48 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

Hi Betty...

I did not think you were upset with me at all..I just didnt want you to think I was one of those shallow people who only equate Easter with the bunny and santa with Christmas...lol...I have lost my blog ...I wonder how everyone can see it but me. Im new to all of this so I have no clue how to get it back. Im sure its something I have screwed up..esp since everyone can see it but me! lol. Have a lovely Easter Betty!! God bless you.

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home