Wednesday, May 17, 2006

The Town Begins

Yesterday we had no rain. It was windy and cool in the morning but warmed up in the afternoon. This means that we could begin on our garden railroad.

We changed the layout some and so the foundation of the buildings had to be painted. I began that task . I put on a apron trying to keep the paint off my clothes. I also put on gloves. I started with spray painting and the wind blew the paint everywhere but on the block. The wind picked up my apron and it flew up over my face. I gave up on the spray and used a brush. I finished all but three before we had to go to the doctors. I took off my gloves before cleaning the brush so I worked at getting the paint off my hands, didn't look at my face.

When the doctor went to examine me he was alarmed because I had a new black spot on my face. I then remembered the apron flying up. I told him no it was paint not a mole.

Today working around the raindrops we put out some buildings. The next day that should be nice is Sunday. Hope they are wrong and we get some sunshine.

5 Comments:

Blogger Catch said...

haha betty....Im cracking up about the black paint on your face.....lol

8:56 PM  
Blogger Penelda said...

I hate when those things happen.

9:19 PM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

oh that sounds funny...i hope you get sunshine sooner than forecast..can't wait to see the pics of all your hard work..

hope your sister is doing well..take care.

10:01 PM  
Blogger kristi said...

Its a shame that someone did not say anything to you sooner. I hate when I get something on my face and no one tells me. They all just let me walk around looking silly. I have to give your doctor credit though because he notice the spot on his own!! Sounds like you are putting some hard work in!!

6:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We finally got some sunshine here and I hope it finds its way to you too! :)

6:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home