Thursday, May 11, 2006

Rain and Snow in May

This is very yucky weather. The wind is strong and drives the sleet into you and it is slippery and cold. A friend of mine said she has not turned on her furnace all winter but she did on May 11.

I want to thank all of you who said they would pray for my sister.

There is good news coming from my sisters house, her youngest daughter will graduate from Purdu {not sure of spelling} this weekend. She is not done though she has to get a licence.

If you haven't read Chris and George blog you would not know that Chris's youngest son will be leaving for the Middle East Friday. Our prayers go with him.

We had a nice meeting at the church. The number was small but considering the weather it was a surprise that we had anyone. We started with a salad luncheon, then a short meeting and ended with the final bible study in the Lutheran Women Today. It was led by the Pastor. We usually do the bible study in circles and the women lead.

9 Comments:

Blogger kristi said...

The sun has decided to shine here again, we have had 3 cloudy rainy yucky days and good ol Mr. Sun has decided to show is face again. Snow in May has to be horrible, I mean you are on the brink of summer. I am sending some sunshine your way!!!

7:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Raining something awful here. Last week I swear I saw flurrys. Oh how I don't like New England!

9:31 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

its a dreary day here today Betty, we have had rain the past couple days...I am wondering how our mild winter is going to affect our summer. Maybe this wasnt the best summer to buy a pool...lol

9:34 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

All that cold weather is not good for your cold. I hope you are doing a bit better at least.

I am happy about the good news from your sisters house...Good news is always a Blessing.

I'm glad that you had a good meeting with the other ladies...it sounds like a wonderful way to spend time.

Happy Mother's Day to you. I know you just a small time but i see what a wonderful family you have. That comes from solid foundation. I hope you have a peaceful and joyful day.

12:34 PM  
Blogger B.R.L said...

Kristi Hurry with that sunshine.

3:17 PM  
Blogger B.R.L said...

Kristi Hurry with that sunshine.

3:19 PM  
Blogger B.R.L said...

Kristi Hurry with that sunshine.

3:19 PM  
Blogger Penelda said...

Well we talked last night. I am sad that you guys got snow. Hope the cold gets better. I took cold ease and it seemed to make the cold shorter.

4:23 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

Down here in South texas we get snow about once every ten years.

6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home