Saturday, March 03, 2007

I am back!

I could not get to place to write my blog. That is now fixed I think.

In the last few days we have been snowed in, although my daughter went to work and was on call. Our dryer was not drying the clothes. There was heat but the clothes would not dry the first go around. We cleaned out the lint for every load. We checked the out door vent and it had frozen lent on it. My daughter worked on cleaning that out and she bought a kit with special brushes. She took off the back of the dryer and cleaned that out. Then she went to the wall and unfastened the hose and used the vacuum cleaner with the hose that came with the kit. That did it and it is now working.

We played cards when my daughter was home earlier. We worked on getting my daughter's room for stamping in the basement ready. She has lots of stamps and materials and paper, so we put together some storage containers. She wants to hold a Stamping party this month. Today in payment for my daughter taking on call for a co-worker, the co-workers husband came and put together the desk we gave my daughter for Christmas.

During the storm my daughter had to snow blow twice in the evening. The next day while she was at work I thought I would go out and shovel. The pile the plow had left was hard to remove. The man who has a business across the road, and clears his driveway and parking lot with a small tractor with a plow offered and did clear my driveway. Good neighbors are a blessing.

13 Comments:

Blogger Lori's Minute said...

The whole dryer thng is a pain but I am glad it got fixed. We have great neighbors too. In fact, Bree and I are working on a basket of goodies to give to the neighbors who always give her a ride to school.

8:18 PM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

i'm so happy you have Pennie right there to help out when you guys need some. it was pretty smart and nice of her as usual to figure how to solve problems.

she is a wonderful person and i do hope she is having much less pain in her beautiful hands.

i remember Dr. John sayhing how you would have to go out and shovel all that snow and my being so happy and grateful when i read that the neighbour gave you a hand. God Bless him.

i'm glad yu can get to your blog again. it is nice to read your words again. thank you for taking the time to visit me and for caring so much. and thank you for taking such good care of your huby. he is so blessed, actually you both are.

sweet dreams and much love from this end.

11:38 PM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Good neighbors are both blessing and joy. We had a great neighbor when I was a kid. He mowed Gram's yard whenever he did his own, and he always kept our walk and driveway clear. Gram paid him in cookies.

7:14 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

Must keep those dryers lint free. You have good neighbors.

7:32 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Glad you got the dryer working, good friends and good neighbors are nice to have. God has blessed both you and Dr John.

I am glad to to read your neighbor cleaned out your driveway, one must be careful at any age when shoveling snow. It can be heavy especially when a snowplow has anything to do with it.

7:12 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I really can relate. The dryer at the other house we rented was very slow. I was really glad to get ours out of storage when we moved here. I just wish my stepdaughter would learn not to use high on every load and clean out the filter. Hopefully the snow will end soon for you. Good thing you have a wonderful family.

6:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good neighbors are a blessing!

Frozen lint! That is cold!!!! I have been wanting those special cleaning brushes for the dryer. I have read a lot lately how most home fires are from the dryers not being cleaned well enough.

It is too cold here to snow! Doesn't make sense but it is! LOL!

12:35 PM  
Blogger Voegtli said...

Hello. Thank very much for dropping by and leaving an comment on my "blog statistics". It is encouraging. Have a nice day. Peter. PS. I bookmarked your blog and will come back to it.

7:21 PM  
Blogger Neoma said...

hah, I think a neighbor with a ride on snow blower would be a blessing in deed if you live in snow country....here a friendly neighbor with a riding lawn mower would be nice to have. :)

Dryer collect a lot of lint.....I don't think mine can freeze where it is located, but you never know....

8:47 PM  
Blogger Mimi Lenox said...

Hi. I couldn't find your email. I wanted to invite you to participate again in BlogBlast For Peace this year. See my site for details. If you'd like a banner for your blog, just write and I will send the code. Thanks so much. Have a great weekend.

10:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Betty, Glad to see you are back. I am looking forward to reading more of your thoughts. I never heard of lint freezing like that. You learn something every day!

8:09 PM  
Blogger AVCr8teur said...

Your daughter sure sounds helpful. Frozen lint, now that is cold.

11:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope all is well! Sorry I am a stranger! Life is busy, great but busy!

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home