Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Winter has come

We finally got snow. As far as I am concerned it could stay away, but for all that want to play in it, it was welcomed. I shoveled for many hours and came in very cold and sore. The snow blower had a flat and I didn't want the renter to get upset. I gave up when I looked behind me and the driveway was snow covered again. I thought I would go in the afternoon because it was to stop snowing, it didn't, and I was too sore.

I have found it is hard to find a time to blog. My daughter and I have been taking down the Christmas decorations. There are still some outside to come down. Up north I had to let them stay because they were covered with snow. Mary and Joseph had just their heads showing. The basement tree is still up also.

My daughter and I have been working in the basement setting up a place for her stamping. She is a Stamp-it-Up sales person. We are trying to set up the workshop for her and Dr John to share.

We went out and bought a saw that we had to put together. We did OK, but lost one hex screw. We have turned the saw all over trying to get that screw to fall out. We went back to the store and got a screw but we would like to find the lost one so it doesn't end up where it shouldn't.

Another thing that I have been doing is reading Eragon. We went with the grandkids to the movie and my oldest grandson said that the book was different. We then purchased the book. Dr John finished it first and I finished it last night. My daughter wants to read it also so we can't talk about it until she reads it. That may be awhile.

Last Saturday we went to my son's in Green Bay while my daughter went and visited with her roommate from old college days. We had a very nice day. The grandkids spent a lot of time with their grandpa. Most of the time just sitting at the table talking. When my daughter came to pick us up before we left, she and I went to the basement rec. room and played with the grandkids. The kids had set up a restaurant. Spanky just loved all the attention he got.{Spanky is the dog}.

This pretty well sums up what I have been up to. We have spent some time trying to find a dresser for my daughter that doesn't cost too much and you can put more in it than T- shirts.

Oh I forgot about the search for a church. We have have gone to five different churches. They all have been nice and we could go to any of them. One is very large and one is small. Maybe we will for awhile go back around. The most distance we have to travel is 8min. It is hard to believe that there are five churches in this small area. There are more churches but not of our denomination. Behind us is a Calvery Bible Church, which is large and has a school with it I think. There is a soccer field next to it and my grandsons and their dad went over and played on the field when they were here. The last church we went to also has a Tops group meeting there. They meet at 6:00 PM and I don't want to drive at night ,so I think I will wait until spring and hope I don't gain too much.

13 Comments:

Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Betty -- that dresser thing is a biggy - -or a smallee -- why do they make the drawers look so big, but make the sidewalls so small? Pft.

6:12 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Dressers never seem to be as big inside as they are on the outside. I can't imagine having to do all that work or that much snow. Of course here in Houston we don't see that. Today we actually have ice, so naturallly people dont know how to drive and get into accidents. I'm not going to be one of them. I'm not that crazy!

8:09 AM  
Blogger Sunflower Optimism said...

Well, Betty, you HAVE been busy! But all good things :-) Stay warm and I hope the snow blower gets fixed before the next storm. If not, maybe an ambitious neighborhood youngster could be hired to do the shoveling next time?

We are just now getting cold weather this week - in the 20s. It was unseasonably pleasant before - no one is prepared for the cold now.

7:09 PM  
Blogger Sunflower Optimism said...

Well, Betty, you HAVE been busy! But all good things :-) Stay warm and I hope the snow blower gets fixed before the next storm. If not, maybe an ambitious neighborhood youngster could be hired to do the shoveling next time?

We are just now getting cold weather this week - in the 20s. It was unseasonably pleasant before - no one is prepared for the cold now.

7:10 PM  
Blogger Sunflower Optimism said...

Betty - could you "erase" the duplicate post, please (and this one of course!) I don't know how it happened, sorry!

7:13 PM  
Blogger Neoma said...

Well it sounds like all is well and things are going pretty good. And you are keeping busy. Time for blogging does sometimes seem to be a problem, doesn't it. I go in stages when I can't get off the computer, and other times when I can't get on. But that is life. i guess.

12:28 AM  
Blogger Bella said...

Whenever anyone mentions "trying to find a suitable church for our denomination" it reminds me of Dolly Parton's line in "Steel Magnolia's" - "God don't care what church you go to as long as you show up." That really made me think about religion and that's when I began to think that God doesn't care how I pray, just as long as I do. :)

I wish you luck on your church journey and I hope you find one you like.

11:11 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

You've been very busy. I hope you find that screw. Things like that can make me nuts.

I would like to hear what you thought of Eragon the book and did you like the movie? I read the book but have'nt seen the film yet.

3:43 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

Perhaps you could hire someone to shovel for you?

3:59 PM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Hi Betty

You have been busy, it's a spell since I've been by, like you I sometimes don't have time to make a large post or post at all. You take care shovelling all that snow. Glad to hear you are finding churches close to you, I am sure in time you will find one you like to attend.

Blessings to you and John for a wonderful weekend

9:34 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

Im glad you and your daughter are having such a grand time together! I think the move was a great thing for all concerned...I find it comforting to be around the family.

Be careful shoveling that snow Betty! Oh..and your saffrin buns were delicious. Thank you very much!

1:36 AM  
Blogger Bazza said...

We had snow yesterday, but it had gone by today. Part of me wants lots more because the kids love it.

6:46 AM  
Blogger Neoma said...

My kids want snow so badly, but there isn't much chance of it here. I did dream we had snow, when I woke up I was surprised there wasn't any, it had seemed so real.

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home