Thursday, January 04, 2007

A New Year

Thankyou for all the good wishes. I did stay up until the new year. My daughter, son and grand children played a board game/TV game called Scene it. It was fun. We also had fun baking. We made saffron buns and the children shaped the rolls. They did make some unusual shapes. My oldest grandchild made Hostess cupcakes. Every bowl was used, but they were good.

Went out shopping today at Hobby Lobby. What a fun store. We got Christmas decorations at 66% off. I bought a small tree with lights on for next year. We picked up some small dollhouse chairs for my daughter and as we left we ran into her at the door. She came in for them. That store just had everything. There was scenery for the train, and material for making dollhouses. My granddaughter and I had begun one at the old house, and now I know where supplies are when we get ready to finish it here.
Hope every one had a good start to the New Year.

12 Comments:

Blogger Nothing said...

thanks for leaving such a nice comment on my blog! keep up the good work!

2:45 AM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Betty, my New Year is looking promising. I hope your is, too.

5:02 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am thinking positive (or trying to. Sounds like you guys had a great time. Here it was just us and the dogs.

8:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have yet to play Scene It but I know I would win that game! So you actually make saffron buns? Dr John mentions them so much and I want one one day!

11:17 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

The Hobby Lobby, I could get lost there in the train department.

A wonderful 2007 is wished for you. My 2007 seems to be starting out fine, asked me in 359 days.

Blessings to you and Dr John for a wonderful weekend

11:53 AM  
Blogger jafabrit said...

I love hobby lobby :) Glad you had a wonderful New Year.

1:35 PM  
Blogger Nessa said...

Sounds like a good start to the New Year.

3:32 PM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

Hi Betsy, Happy New Year
Wishing you magic every day

4:13 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

Im so glad your close to your family now...all kind of activities goin on!

7:08 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Betty, Happy New Year to you and your family, and all the best in 2007. Our year is starting much the same as the old one ended, storms and more storms.

Cheers,
Josie

9:30 PM  
Blogger Sunflower Optimism said...

What fun! Let me loose in one of those craft shops and I'm like a kid in a candy store.

Wishing you all a wonderful 2007!

6:40 PM  
Blogger Neoma said...

Hobby Lobby is my daughters favorite store, she spends a good part of her paycheck there. she likes to make jewelry. It sounds like your year is off to a good start.

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home