Saturday, November 18, 2006

In New House

We closed and slept in the new house. I am very happy but this side of the house is my daughters so it is like visiting. We are waiting until warmer weather to ask the renter to move, and us to move into our home.
A surprise came because near the house on a road that I can handle the traffic is a large shopping area. I have been doing some fretting about driving and getting out to shop. I mean that when I thought of the move and the traffic my stomach would knot. The shopping area has a Khols, Wal-mart, Shopko , and Walgreens. To eat Applebees, KC, Wendys ,Culvers, and Mc Donalds. If you wanted to go to have this kind of selection you would have to travel two hours from my house in Crystal Falls. You could get Walmart, Shopko KC, Wendys and McDonalds by driving 45 minutes. God was good to me.
We did drive into Neenah and I liked the different architecture of some of the older buildings. I noticed an older train station. I am not sure if it is used as such. There is much to explore yet.
I will be using the coming week to get settled in so I won't be at the computer. Will be missing you.

8 Comments:

Blogger Louisiana said...

Sleeping over at Pennies eh? Did you talk all night long, ate junk food galore or watched movies? lol..oh this is all an adventure isn't it? it will all calm down soon and before you know it, you will be just as comfy. Take your time exploring and enjoy all the new treats. Your life will be a bit different but wonderful i pray. We will miss you very much too. Be careful and have fun and know we are very happy for you all..Hugs.

10:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was owrried when Dr John did not post yesterday, but now I know why. It is very kind of you to wait until warmer wearther to ask thepeople living in your have to move. It sounds like you got a good shopping center there. I love Kolhs. I am not a big city girl. But I coul dnot imagine being 45 from Wal Mart!

We will miss you but we understand your busy!:)

10:38 AM  
Blogger Neoma said...

There will be lots to do, I don't quite understand the living arrangement? You bought a house that already had a renter? And they are living in it? Well I guess it will all work out, things just take time. I am glad you have shopping near by. That helps. I know that I wish we had shopping a bit closer, it is a drive to anything from up here in the woods.

11:56 AM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

A new adventure awaits! I don't blame you for leaving the computer to explore. Come back with lots to share. We'll be waiting!

12:46 PM  
Blogger Nessa said...

New things to look at and new things to do. Very exciting.

1:48 PM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

Do not forget Arby's, Taco Bell, a bank and medical center!!!!

7:25 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

I hope you enjoy exploring your new surroundings. I always like doing that when I go to someplace new.

Hope you are having a nice weekend.

8:56 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

I am sure once you get used to the area and enjoy all it has to offer. You make Neenah sound like a wonderful place and you will have fun exploring.

I've made a link for your blog on my blog just under Dr John's link I have for him.

A Blessed Sunday to you and John.

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home