Friday, January 26, 2007

What a Sunday

I am still recovering from last Sunday. My son in Green Bay had mattresses for my daughter to use for her new frame. The problem was how to get them because they would not fit in the vans. So my daughter went to U-Haul on the internet. She was going to be on call for the next three weekends so she wanted to get them last weekend. Saturday had no trucks available so she booked Sunday. We were to get snow in the evening no problem. The snow came early and we watched the big flakes fall through the stain glass windows as we sat in church. After church, my daughter and I picked up the truck and the snow continued. So with a truck she had never driven in a snow storm we headed for Green Bay. That was very scary. While we recouped my son and daughter-in -law put the mattresses in the truck. We headed back to Neenah. The driving was a little better, the roads were plowed and salted.

Our next problem was getting the mattresses in the house. We could not lift them. We slid them down the loading ramp. The box spring we sort of dragged lifted in. To move the other one we decided to lay some plastic down , the kind painters use to protect from paint splatters, and slide the mattress on it. My daughter put down the plastic reaching to the garage. I saw a piece sticking up and went over to pull it flat stepping on the plastic I did not see. Down I went. Nothing broke but I got a very sore bum which I still have. We did get the mattresses in. Next we returned the truck, but it had gotten dark. My daughter could not get the lights on. The cab lights were found but not what we needed. We returned the truck in the snow storm on slushy roads with out lights. We made it without an accident. We returned home to put up the frame and put the mattresses on it. I got a cold. So when I cough my bum hurts. I know all this is just life but it was a busy Sunday.

10 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hope yo're ok. Jimmy took a fall the other day, hit really hard on his upper thigh.

We had problems when we moved here. The location of the front door is dumb. Open the door and there is the stairs.That made it hard to get some things in. The kitchen/dining area is right behind the door so we discovered there was no way to get my dining tabel and china cabinet in. You should of seen us trying to get the freezer in, not to mention trying to get the dressers and bed stuff up the stairs cause there is no room to spare! Oh well.

9:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Moving stuff is so not fun. After I had Binker it hurt my bum when I coughed too! LOL!

9:46 AM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

When I cough my bum hurts. I am sorry Ms. Betty, but I'm laughing my bum off! I hope you are moving easier now, and I'm glad the lightless truck was returned without mishap!

2:46 PM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Glad to read you got it the move done without any mishap (perhaps a bruised posterior).

My Saffron buns came today in the post, will have them for Breakfast in the AM

Blessings to you and Dr John for a wonderful weekend

9:13 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Too bad you couldn't have fallen on the mattress. That would have saved both your bum and your dignity. Sounds like quite an adventure. Sorry to hear you have a cold, though.

Cheers,
Josie

9:24 PM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

We should have gone with you guys to move the mattresses.....sorry about the sore bum!

4:09 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

Hope your feeling better Betty. Moving stuff is such a pain. Ive fell on my bum a few times too, its not much fun!

9:06 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

I'm sorry you had such a rough sunday. I do hope you are feeling better soon.

I think you are a great baker. The buns were beyond delicious. Thank you.

I'm so grateful for your wonderful and loving comments. I'm forever in your debt for your caring and love and for all the prayers. They all reached me and helped tremendously. God Bless you. He has blessed me with so much love from so many of you.

Many hugs and better days ahead for all of us. XO

9:19 PM  
Blogger Nessa said...

Oh my goodness, I feel your pain.

3:45 PM  
Blogger Neoma said...

Oh my, sounds like what do they call it, Murphy's law, what can go wrong, will. I knew that there is a good reason to live within hollering distance of one of my strong son's, it is just stuff like this. I bought a mattress from a local store last year when the kids were coming for Thanksgiving. I had the bed frame, but no mattress, since I was going to buy one anyway, I thought why not rush down and get it so that they would ave it the first night here. they had ordered it, and it had arrived on the very day I needed it, but when I got down there they said that they only delivered on Tue and Thur, it was Friday.......

I told them if they had a boy who could help me get it onto the top of my van, I would carry it home tied to the top, myself. So we got it out there, roped it down and off I went, I crept home about 20 miles and hour. But I got it there, getting it off was another story, but basically I just pushed it off, and drug it in with the help of Nick.

So I know what you mean about mattresses, they are big, awkward and heavy. The ones they make now are huge, about 12 inches thick. i remember those thin rubber things we had as a kid. In fact I wish I could still get one of those, I slept so much better on them than these things, these always mush down in the middle.

Hope your bum is better, imagine having you bottom hurt when you cough.....it is kind of funny, although I guess not for you..... :)

4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home