Friday, March 16, 2007

Here Again

They would not let me blog until I changed so I haven't blogged but today for some reason I could get here.

What has gone by. I went out to a church womens group which met at Applebees. They had not mentioned they were a church group to the hostess and so I sat for a while. Being new to the church I didn't recognize the women so I asked the hostess to ask a group of women at a large table, and it was them. I was the oldest one of the group, they were around my daughters age. They are not a bible study group. They chose a name Friendship Links. I had a good time maybe if my daughter gets off work in time she can come next time. I am still looking for a bible study group.

We got a license for the car , and a drivers license for me. My Michigan license expired at the end of this month. I didn't have a written test or a road test and was thankful. The written test is not a paper test but at a computer. Now I will tell the embarrassing event. When It came to have my picture taken the lady said stand behind the line, so I did, facing the curtain back to the camera, which I hadn't seen . I was wondering where the camera was the lady said turn around and there it was. Next she said "I will take it on the count of three. 1 2 flash. I let it go, the pictures are never good. I am a legal driver.

After the getting the license we went into the Kohls mall next to the Kohls store where there was a model train store. The women working there was from Neenah and she and her husband were a part of a club.

I am a little afraid to leave now for fear I can't get back.

7 Comments:

Blogger Neoma said...

I guess blogger is forcing people to switch to new blogger. I switched awhile back, because I couldn't find anyother way to get into my blog. But it was basically harmless, and painfree. Everything was still there, and I only saw minor differences.

I guess I have been the lucky one, because I have had few problems with blogger. Even when other people were complaining they couln't post pictures, I just found another way. And it worked.

I guess there are many bloggers out there, but I like this one because I have accustomed to the community. I guess it is like going to church, it is also hard to switch. I hope you find you bible study group. I know when my Grandma moved from her small hometown to a larger town, the size of her church increased about 10x. She had a place of honor in the old church, she was their eldest member, and she had been a key sewer in the dorcus society. When she moved, she was never as happy with her church. But the move was necessary. I always felt bad about her church thought, it had been 90 percent of her life. After she moved, she had no church family. It was sad for her. I know that you have found a good church though, and in time you will also find a study group, and in a few years, it will seem like the same old family.

4:51 PM  
Blogger Nessa said...

I hate my dr. lic. pic. too.

8:42 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

That's so funny! I would love to have my DL Photo with only my backside showing.

I'll say a prayer that you can find a comfortable study of ladies. I'm having the opposite problem down here in Savannah for a daytime study. I'm the youngest and they're all old enough to be my Mom.

I was actually thinking of running an ad in the paper and starting up my own sometime.

3:05 PM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

Maybe put a Garmin GPS on your Christmas wish list. Mine doesnt do too bad.

BTW, the cups werent from me, but I am glad they turned out okay.

7:16 PM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Oh crap. My birthday is coming up and I have to get my license renewed. I'll be going through this soon. I hate it!

Blogger will force you to change sooner or later. It really isn't difficult.

10:23 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

I also switched but suprisingly havent had much trouble with it. I have to get a new picture in May on the license...yuck, I hate it! They are never good pics!

12:35 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I dread getting a new one. Mine is expired and I will have to take the driving and written test. Every time I try to study the handbook, I lose interest. I just can't seem to remember all those how many feet questions. I used to be good at momorizing...sigh.

7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home