Saturday, June 17, 2006

All Is Quiet

The boys left this morning to go back to their home.
The house is so quiet, no laughing or giggling. No calling for grandma or grandpa. We miss them already.

Yesterday we went back to Fortune Lake. Alex couldn't find his running shoes which he miss placed on Monday. He was sure he didn't leave them at the park. I searched and searched and in unusual places thinking that his brothers as a prank had hid them. So yesterday I took only Alex and went to the park and asked the ranger and sure enough thats were they were. We also discovered it was very warm. So in the afternoon I took the other boys also and they went swimming. There was more swimming because of the heat. After swimming we came back to the house and picked Dr John and went to Shellies the ice cream place. Waiting for his father to come Alex made cookies and brownies. I needed the cookies for the bible camp for women and kids week. Crystal Falls ladies of our church make cookies for treats. I gave some of the cookies to the boys to take home. In the picture the boys are painting a base for the rollercoaster for the train layout. The rollercoaster is out now on the layout. The rollercoaster was put together by Alex with help of his brothers.

When I was talking to my sister I mentioned that even though I had the air c onditioner on it seem very warm. The temperature was 80. My brother-in-law said to check the circuit breaker and I did it was off I put it on and now my home is cooler.

My sister still needs your prayers. She is feeling fine but is going out to California for more consulations for less invasive methods for the brain tumor.

I would also like prayers for a friend whom they are not sure of what she has. She went into a coma and her leg and arm are very swollen have sores and are very painful.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry you miss the grandkids already. But it sounds like you had a great time with them.

Your sister and friend have my prayers:)

5:59 PM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

what a lovely time with grandma..i'm sure they are missing you guys just as much.

glad to hear your sister is doing well but of course we will continue on praying for her and for your friend. i hope they find out what is going on soon, so they can help her...

i hope you enjoy your cooler home and that you and Dr.John have a wonderful celebratory day in his honor.

your grandkids sound so lovely and helpful. take care. hugs.

7:00 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

I bet the grandkids had a great time with you and Doc John. I spent a lot of time with my Grandparents and I treasure the memories I have of them.

I am praying for your sister Betty and also your friend.

Wishing you a happy weekend Betty!!!

12:48 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

Great pictures...I will include your sister and friend in my prayers. I am glad you were able to get the a/c to work.

There are no houses to look at today....slim pickings. Oh, I am going to check to see if we won the lottery, I am sure we did which means we will buy you the house across the street which has a very nice pool.

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home