Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Fortune Lake

On Monday my grandsons went toBewabic State Park. It is on Fortune lake just out side Crystal Falls. The day was cool unless the clouds parted. So they did not do much swimming but did what they love to do catch frogs . When we first arrived we were the only ones on the beach except for the geese. I tried to take a picture but I didn't want to get too close. They moved into where the boys were trying to catch the frogs in the marsh surprising Caleb and he screamed and they took flight over us. My camera wasn't ready and they were in the middle of the lake by the time I was set. We also saw a beaver swimming.

People have asked about my travel to 48 states. My family took a months vacation traveling by car staying in campgrounds. We would go in a circle not coming back the same way we strarted.The two states I haven't been in are Alaska and Hawaii.

8 Comments:

Blogger Louisiana said...

oh i have a few kids here who would love to do something as fun as catching frogs. sounds like a wonderful monday out.

i love the 48 states trip. what a wonderful adventure. i sure hope you get to go to the 2 remaining.

hope your sister is doing well. thank you for always leaving such wonderful and loving comments. your comment for my trip was specially kind..i am glad to be facing those ghosts and to see my grandma and have Joe meet her too...thank you very much.

take care and thank you for always lifting our days with your words. hugs.

7:08 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

my brothers used to catch frogs and then eat the legs...ewwwww. What a neat trip your family took!!! Something to always remember. Glad you had a nice day at the lake,,,,sounds very nice and peaceful.

5:13 AM  
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Yikes! Frogs. I hate them. Hey, show us some pictures.
Thanks for dropping by.

7:19 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

thank you for the thought of the turtle. i'm truly touched. he is absolutely beautiful and looks so happy in your yard. a very lucky turtle. God Bless. Hugs.

8:15 AM  
Blogger Bella said...

You HAVE to go to Hawaii!!! My family is from there; I am second generation "main island" born.

I love Maui because you can take the three hour drive all the way up to Hauna and visit the Seven Sacred Pools and also hike up the mountain. It is totally beautiful.

Your grandkids are adorable and those little frogs!!! Kids + frongs = occupied for a long time.

Belle enjoys catching frogs too.

1:42 PM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

Let's go to Hawaii or Alaska this year for vacation!!!!!

8:49 PM  
Blogger kristi said...

My son loves frogs too, and minnows. He is always catching them when we go to the lake to fish. Sounds like you had a great day with the kids.

I would love to see the 48 states. I am sure that you have done some amazing things. We used to camp every year somewhere different on the east coast. But there was always so much to do and see that I still want to do stuff here. I really want to go to the Grand Canyon and Devil's Tower.

7:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have never seen a beaver that I can remember. That must have been neat. I imagine watching them catch frogs was a fun time. I can't wait to watch Binker do that stuff.

I have always wanted to drive across the country. You are lucky to have the experience and memories.

9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home