Sunday, November 05, 2006

A Good By Sermon

All three services were very nice and different even though it was the same preacher. They were a little longer than his usual 10 min. Good bys are hard.

The last service the choir sang accompanied by french horn it was beautiful.

The congregation had a very nice coffee for us. We will miss them.

My oldest son and family were here and Pennie and his sister Christine surprised us. Pennie came on Saturday and Chris stayed at a motel here but we didn't know. Dr John forget his teeth and because we had gone to the church very early I went home to get them. I got them and was pulling out of the drive when a car was coming down the hill and I thought would pass by. I waited. The car slowed down. I was wondering why she could easily go behind me, but the car pulled up to the curb and rolled down the window and then I saw that it was John's sister. She went with me to the early service where she surprised Dr John. Then at the coffee she got to surprise Lori, Pete and Pennie. They came for the coffee and the later service.

5 Comments:

Blogger Louisiana said...

Oh Betty it sounds like a great day. How sweet that you were surprised by the visit of his sister. How nice of her to do that. How great that the kids, and grandkids were there.

I hope we do get to hear his voice and his sermons. How great that will be. You have a special husband and he has a special wife.

And we all get to share in the wonderfulness of knowing you both. Yupii for us.

9:17 PM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

It was a nice day.....

8:45 AM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

I am glad it was a wonderful service. I know this must be a very bittersweet time.

5:13 PM  
Blogger Neoma said...

Goodbye's are the hardest things.......I have a tendency to shy away from them. I don't know how to say goodby. It sounds like you had a wonderful day.........family and congregation and good cheer.

9:39 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

You need to super glue those teeth in Dr Johns mouth Betty!!! lol.

Happy to hear the service went well. And you are right, goodbyes are very hard. We had a Preacher about 12 years ago that we all loved him and his wife, and one Sunday he announced he was leaving and we all just sat there and cried! But they comes back to visit and its always so good to see them. And we have a wonderful Preacher now. How nice that Johns sister came..and the kids being there for him.

1:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home