Thursday, October 26, 2006

Ice Cream Bar

Last night just before I awoke I had a dream. It was not scary or any thing like that, but it had a few things in it that I had questions about. I would like to turn it in to a story so I could have answers.
It began with me in front of a two story building. It looked like a house in need of a paint job, but on the front porch was a freezer. It was warm and I wanted a an ice cream bar. The top was not locked but was in layers which I started to open. I then thought I should check with someone inside. I knocked. No one came to the door. I looked in the window on the door and could see no one. The porch wrapped around the side. I walked around the side and noticed overalls hung on a nail on the siding.
I was joined by a young lady and we looked across the street and there were a line of police officers standing at attention. They were mixed racially but my companion mention they were all male. I protested because I saw a female officer. I then awoke. My questions that were leading me into a story were: The building was it a teen center or what? Why were the police standing at attention? I now want to get a plot etc and write.

9 Comments:

Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Write -- I am waiting in line to read the story.

6:59 PM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

This does sound like an intrigueing story.

7:55 PM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

i often have read that some of the most exciting stories ever written have come from dreams and interpretations..which i often think come from our subconscious somehow.

i am quite interested to see what comes of all this. you have a good heart, one that loves mankind and is of service for others..whatever your dreams are of, i'm sure there is goodness in them.

8:45 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

I think the police were there b/c they thought you were going to steal the ice cream bar?

12:04 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds interesting. Which way to take it? Ala Stephen King or Mitch Album?

9:21 AM  
Blogger Neoma said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:53 AM  
Blogger Neoma said...

Some people make a living interpretating dreams. I like to think they are bits and pieces of our real life and have some significance, but often that significance is hard to find. Last night I dreamed my son Scott was back in high school and he was playing baseball, I was watching the game. I really enjoyed that dream, he was playing really well.......but he was in center field, and he had actually played third base while in school, so all through the dream I was worried he was going to do well in center field. I woke up and thought to myself, that was a really nice dream, I enjoyed watching Scott play ball again. So maybe dreams are just yearnings......and you needed an ice cream. haha

10:54 AM  
Blogger to touch a unicorn said...

Hi betty.
Hmm most odd I would write your story it has intrigue already. I think it was a setup to test your honesty. Would you take an ice cream on that hot day thinking the place was deserted? Then you meet a witness? :-)
Fun deam!
Hope you and dr. john have a peaceful and relaxing weekend.
Sandy

2:39 PM  
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Good theme for a story.
Thanks for passing by and Happy Halloween.

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home