Saturday, October 28, 2006

Confusion

Dr John is going to bed.
Betty," Do you know it is only 7:20 PM?"
Dr J, " The clocks have been turned back. It is 8: 20PM."
Betty " That means you will be getting up at 4:00AM"
Dr J, "No I will be getting up at 5:ooAM."
Betty," No you will be getting up at 4:00AM"
DrJ, "No I will be getting up the same time as usual. Yesterdays time."
Betty" I am so confused."

Even more confusing will be that all of my clocks will not have been moved back. The clocks on my ovens
are very difficult to set and I have been know to have bleeding fingers from the process. They can
wait.

I had a very nice Sabbath day. We [the church] hosted The Cluster. The Cluster is a group of women groups of our denomination from around the area who meet together twice a year. We sang, had bible study, a workshop on wellness, and a affirmation of Baptism. We closed with a lunch of soup and sandwiches and a pumpkin dessert. Our group was down in numbers because some of the ladies who would usually be there were in Mississippi, to help in rebuilding. There were on display some of the projects that the women of the church[ some men also take part] are doing. There were quilts made for babies in the hospital. I think almost all the churches make quilts for Lutheran World Relief.

At four Dr John and I went to the evening service. Hope every one has a good weekend.

13 Comments:

Blogger kristi said...

I hate setting the clocks, everyone of them has some different way to be set. I like the ones you can just do with your finger moving the hand to the proper place.

Sounds like you and Dr John had a great weekend

6:02 AM  
Blogger Neoma said...

I kind of dislike daylight savings time, I wish they would leave the time alone. Origianlly it was so the farmer had some more daylight to work in the fields......but even that is silly, he works by the sun, the sun doesn't change, just the clocks. but it messes us easily confused people up, no end. And it messes me up because I am easily confused....

Well at least the kids will now be going to school in the daylight.

11:12 AM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Betty, today I spoke in church. Our pastor is doing a series on prayers (last week), presence (today) and tithe (next Sunday). I was asked to preface the "presence" sermon with a testamony about the giving of my time.

I have run a children's ministry for the last 5 years (we have just started season 6). Not counting prep-time, this ministry takes 2.5 hours out of every Saturday.

I talked this morning about our twice yearly struggle to change the clocks -- and the fact that it takes me several days to get all of mine changed. Then I talked about God's time -- and how much more time we have in every day when we live in accordance with his will. Giving 2.5 hours of every weekend to be Christ's hands has actually expanded my weekend and I am able to get more done, not less.

God always returns with blessing and interest whatever we give in his name -- even our time.

1:02 PM  
Blogger MzAriez said...

I am glad about the change because of the difference it make here being so far north. But, that hour really doesn't feel like an extra hour at 2 in the morning.

9:12 PM  
Blogger butterflies said...

I really hate daylight saving! Why cant they just leave the time alone! Like Nea says,the cows dont know the time..not here anyway.
When I was in the states my Mum had such a hard time trying to know what time to ring me.It always ended up to be miles out of the right time anyway.
And guys always feel so much more tired than us..wonder why! Fancy going to bed at 7pm! How cute.
Well,I hope Dr John didnt wake you up at 4am..LOL.

10:57 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

I dont know why they have to mess with the time....why cant it just stay the same? I dont like it getting dark so early. Some of my clocks still arent turned back!

11:19 PM  
Blogger Tina Dray said...

The clock thing drives me crazy!
my three year old did want to get up at 5.30am now thanks to the clock person he wants to get up at 4.30am!

6:58 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Wait until next Spring, when the Clocks are moved ahead 3 weeks sooner in March and then turned back 3 weeks later in November. This means 6 more weeks of Daylight Savings Time.

Saskatchewan is the only Province that doesnt' recognize Daylight Savings Time. They are on Standard Time all year.

Have a Blessed week Betty.

11:41 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

Did you try to use a pliers to turn the clocks back on the oven ? I think that is what we did one year.....

Otherwise wait and I will change them when we come this weekend to hear JOhn preach. I am the clock changer person around our house.

1:52 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

I still don't understand why they call it daylight savings, because in all the years they have had it, it hasn't saved me even a minute of daylight.

4:00 PM  
Blogger Bare said...

I hate setting the time back, it always confuses me for weeks! Ugh!

8:57 PM  
Blogger Bella said...

Happy Halloween!!!

12:57 PM  
Blogger Kat Campbell said...

Oh, wretched time change! Half my clocks reset themselves, which leave me confused about which ones I still need to change. I can never get it right. Your cluster sounds like a wonderful, uplifting event!

3:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home