Friday, September 29, 2006

Hunting

Last night I had a dream which I have no idea where it came from. My mother looking like she was in her ninties and I were packing to go on a hunting trip. We had rifles and were puting together our gear.[Neither one of us have ever hunted and there was no desire to do so]. Suddenly she was missing and I was sure she had gone on ahead of me. I looked out the window and there was a thin layer of ice on the sidewalk and I feared she would fall before she made it to where ever we were going. I was thinking my sister would be upset because I let her get hurt. Then I woke up.
My mother died a number of years ago. So I layed in bed trying figure out where this dream came from. Here is my best guess. The rifles came from the news that in Florida they were searching for a man on the run. The ice came from Gary's picture. What you ask, ice, he had a picture of water. True but when I looked at it I saw water that had turned to ice near a curb. I live in the Up and soon we will have snow and ice. I had a bad fall some years ago on just that kind of ice. I went to the post office and in front of the curb was some ice that I didn't see. I hurt my back. So maybe it was all those images. I don't know it was just so odd.

Today I got to paint the frame around one of the garage doors, took another load to the dump and went to the drug store in Iron River for meds. I had planned on taking my camera to Iron river to get some pictures of the color. But I couldn't find my wallet, which come to find out Dr John was sitting on. I had planned on going alone and had placed it on the seat, then I went in to tell him I was going and he decided to go and he got in the car not looking and was concerned to get the O2 going so he didn't notice. I went in to turn of TVs and lights etc. I forgot the camera and got all up tight about what happened to my purse. I looked all over the house, the garage, and even the car. I finally asked Dr John if he sat on it and sure enough he had. The trees are orange and yellow with a little red but they stand out against the green of the pine.

Thank you Chana and you know why. God bless you and your family and Joe.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lori's Minute said...

Sitting on wallets must run in the family, I always sit on Pete's in the car, too!

6:39 PM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

i take my dreams way, way to seriously. now i know where alot of them come from, the piles of concerns and thoughts and issues that go through my head through the day. but then there are the ones that i haven't gotten a clue. i stress out and take them too seriously..i'm afraid that they mean stuff..i don't like dreams..i always need to be reassured that they are not true, blah, blah..

it is an event for me to get out of the house. where are my keys, where is my purse and the cell phone? keys go in the glass table and the purse just there too so how they get lost always, it's beyond me and i can never find them...it gets funny after the fact though. glad you found yours..it was in a safe place afterall :) ..

you keep busy Betty. my goodness, i tired just reading all that you do. where do you get your energy from...;)

you and the Doc are very loved. don't ever forget how happy you guys make me on a daily basis. hugs.

7:26 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

I would have provided ice, but we only get ice on the street maybe once every five or ten years. I remember an ice storm a few years ago where everyone was driving like an idiot. And by saying everyone, I am including myself. :)

4:02 AM  
Blogger Neoma said...

Funny how dreams work, isn't it.....I have had dreams about my Grandmother wearing pants. Something that she would never have done in real life, I never saw her in anything but a dress. But I was glad to see her, we talked about her being dead, and how much I missed her, it actually felt like I had seen her. When I woke up I was really sad to wake up, I really enjoyed that dream.

The wallet thing is funny.....that has happened here not exactly the same way, but similar, and there is nothing more scarey than not being able to find your purse. I have dreams about that also......

I hope you are both well......

11:39 AM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

I often lose my glasses when they're perched right atop my head, so this story doesn't surprise me at all.

You see that Cindra Jo girl up there? She's my niece and a pretty awesome person.

7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home