Saturday, September 23, 2006

It's a Rainy Day

I can't believe it has been a week and I have not blogged. I have been working hard to get the windows out doors painted and when I come in I am just so tired.
I scraped the last window on the front of the house, and went in to get the paint and brushes and the phone rang and my oldest son said he was on the way up to our home. They stopped to look at a new dog so they would be here later, and they had lunch. I then started to make lunch for John and I, and the phone rang again. The leader of our TOPS group called to inform me that a member of our group was killed in a car accident yesterday. There was a picture of the accident in the paper but no names were given out but a friend also a member knew and called our leader. I just finished the phone call and the rains came. I thought this really fits the way I feel.

To brighten the day my son and his family arrived. They liked the dog but the dog chews toys and that may be a problem with Lori's eye sight. They are still thinking. My son carried out a bookcase to the garage to put the buildings from Pigeon Falls on for the winter. He helped me put the leg on the couch. We worked on putting the lights in on the floresent light fixture in the basement, My other son had taken down the old burnt out lights and I had bought new ones but I was just too short to but them in even standing on the ladder. We put the new lights in. They still did not light. Then one side lit It must be the fuses. Then came the question which fuse was working and which wasn't . We moved them around one light never lit but the other one lit up brightly. My son thinks that it would be better to buy a new light. We went out to eat and the food was good.

11 Comments:

Blogger Neoma said...

Ah Betty so sorry to hear about your tops friend. Always something to remind us that life is so fragile......

We have no business up on a ladder anyway, I always tell myself that everytime I do it....... haha

You need to have a painting party. and share you brushes with all the kids, although, I have tried that and I ended up doing most of the painting and then cleanig up the mess. so forget that idea, bad idea.......

7:23 PM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Betty, I am sorry to hear aboyut the loss of your friend. I paused to say a prayer for her and all who love her.

7:42 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

Im sorry about your friend Betty, its always so sad to hear something like that.

Im glad you all had a good day and your son helped you so much. Going out to dinner is the perfect ending to a busy day!

8:49 PM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

oh honey i'm deeply sorry. how horrible. my condolences to all her family and friends. i'm truly horrible. my mom and grandma often say that we don't know our time or date when we will be called to the Lord.

i'm glad you had the visit with the family. love can always heal i think. i'm so glad Peter was such a help. you have such a wonderful family.

hugs Betty. many hugs my sweet. i will pray for her soul and for all the hearts that ache.

10:39 PM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

The food was good but so was the company....

11:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about the person at you TOPS group. I know we all have to go sometime, but I just hate hearing about deaths caused by car accidents. But I know that your friend is in a better place like we all will be one day, and that makes it a bit better.

Glad eating out was good. It is such a big downer when you get all hyped up for a good meal out and it is not good at all!

6:46 PM  
Blogger starbender said...

Sorry 2 hear about U'r tops friend!
I tried the painting party thing myself, and learned that no-matter how hard they try, it still looks like kids painted!
' ]

9:30 AM  
Blogger Gary said...

I have a lot of painting to do around my house, inside and out, but I am going to go about it a little at a time. I like to do it that way, and the house doesn't seem to mind.

Sorry to hear about your friend. Life is so fragile.

7:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sorry about your friend. Around here people are upset because a fine police officer was killed.

Hope you and your family are ok.

8:10 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

Hi Betty- I'm so sorry to hear about your friend from the TOPS group. What a tragic thing to have happen. I'll pray for her family and friends, that they will feel God's comfort and presence all around them.

6:52 AM  
Blogger Bella said...

I'm sorry about your friend. I am glad that your family was there to cheer you up.

It feels good to get those little chores out of the way, doesn't it?

You're a busy women these days!! :)

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home