Thursday, September 14, 2006

St Joseph

Many advice to bury St Joseph upside down. We want to sell our home. My daughter wants to sell her house. I take my St Joseph figure and bury it in my front yard. There is of course a lot of ideas on where to bury him. I pick the front yard in an area already ready for planting flowers no trouble.

My daughter wanted to bury him before her open house and there wasn't any time so she found a hole and placed him upside down. No one made an offer. So fearing it was not done correctly she searched the internet. On Monday she was ready, she took her shovel and her pager[she was on call]and went to bury St Joseph correctly. It was raining but that did not stop her. The pager goes off she goes in calls the hospital they solved the problem without her. She goes back out and digs and buries him. His feet stick out. She digs again the shovel hits something solid. She tries and tries can't dig deeper. The pager goes off again. She buries him feet sticking out. This time she has to go to the hospital and doesn't come home until 2:00AM. She considers trying again. No ,she will leave him with his feet sticking out until it is a better hour and no rain. One of the things she finds out that she hadn't noticed was that St Joseph is holding baby Jesus. She adapted her prayer. So we are still waiting for the houses to sell.

8 Comments:

Blogger Louisiana said...

i have so much to learn of other religions. you too believe in Saints, that is wonderful, of coure i do too. i never heard of burrying St. Joseph though. i know him as the patron of fathers and keeper of families..i love that you know him differently. i have to look into that.

i'm sorry that there are no offers in both homes. alberta is having such a boom that they can't build houses fast enough. they are going way, way over the asking price. i so wish you could enjoy in some of that. i'll ask my grandma to pray for both homes.

the story of Pennie is funny. not that she got wet but that she left HIm upside down and then that she left Him feet sticking out..i can just imagine how it might look and what her neighbours might think of seeing feet sticking out, :) .

have a wonderful day and don't worry too much. it will all work out. much hugs.

10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I missed something. Why are you burying St Joesph in the front yard?

11:36 AM  
Blogger Bella said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:30 PM  
Blogger Bella said...

Blogger is being a real pain today. Whenever I post a comment, it says "page cannot be found". Frustrating....

I think it's great that your daughter is using a symbol to help her with the sale of her home. I use symbols in my religion too and they work for me. More power to her as the saying goes.

12:32 PM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

i can see her out there trying to bury it....poor thing....

3:09 PM  
Blogger MzAriez said...

I've never heard of bury St. Joseph. Thanks for teaching me something new.

Does he work if you are house-hunting?

8:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like vodo to me. Shes going to attract the police into thinking she is doing something say crooked. I thought you were going to say when she hit something hard it was like buried treasure or something like that worth millions. LOL

Patrick

12:53 PM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

I just happened to think. Is it a St Joseph or a Joseph statue? My St. Joseph statue has him at a work bench. If he is holding Jesus, maybe he is Joseph instead. :-)

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home