Friday, September 15, 2006

Life

The paint around my windows and doorframes is peeling. It has been bothering me. I have a brick house so that does not have to be painted although on a TV program for fixing houses they painted the brick. I bought glazing and took along a scraper and went at the job. I took a ladder from the garage. It has the problem that for me it is heavy and not easy to move but it has larger steps. What this is leading to is a conversation I heard as I was working, between two boys riding by on their bikes.

First boy "I love that house. That house is for sale. I want to buy that house. The train goes with the house you know"
Second boy "Maybe they will trade houses."

On selling the house. I did not know about buring Joseph until people commented . Friends at TOPS said that they did this. My daughter got advice on the internet on what you were to do and a prayer. We do not pray to saints but I have been praying to God all the time. Really the word is begging. Then I feel guilty because it is not like the people in Katrina where they don't have a home. I have a very nice home. The problem is not knowing what is going to happen. We have found a place it is near my children and grandchildren our contract expires on Oct 20. We must sell this house or my daughters before then or that house goes back on the market. My sons garage is full of boxes of our stuff. My garage and basement are full of boxes. My daughter doesn't have a basement and her stuff is boxed in her garage. I do know that a lot of the things that I would have put off are now being done around here, and that is a good thing. Things are not bad just unsettled.

I heard some news that the old hospital across the street from us is going to be turned into senior apartments. That is good news because it means that across us will not be a empty building which will fall into disrepair.

7 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

When we sold our house, a friend suggested I bury St. Joeseph. Being Lutheran and NOT Catholic, I was hesistant, but thought why not.

We had an open house. A couple couldnt make it. The husband came early the next morning. Meanwhile, my friend suggested St. Joe. So I thought, why not. I ran out and got one. Buried it quickly -- matter of fact I dug it back up to make sure I buried him in the right direction later! Recited the prayer that came along with it. Tho I knew I didnt need St. Joe to mediate, my prayer went direct.

The wife came in the evening.

The next day our realtor said there would probably be an offer coming. And a few days later we had one. The realtor said that normally the wife would be picky. But this time, the husband wasnt that crazy about our house, but the wife liked it.

Did St. Joe actually sell our house? I doubt it. I told my pastor in De Pere what happened and she seemed a little concerned. Yet I told our pastor here and he already knew about St Joe and laughed when he told us about another members experience.

My anti Catholic VERY Lutheran brother who was a pastor would probably roll over in his grave if he knew what I did.

Martin Luther said he would rather commune with Catholics than with the evangelicals of his time. Having done both, I think he had a point. Can I embrace some of their traditions? Yeah, maybe in my own way.

I say go for it.

2:11 PM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

I think it cannot hurt to bury the statue so go ahead.

I wish I cuold tell you not to worry but I know it is hard not to. Perhaps those boys are foreshadowing....a nice family will buy the house just because of the trains!

6:12 PM  
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Over here there are lots of superstitions about building a house, selling a house or moving into a new house. This is the first time I've heard about burying St. Joseph. What is it suppose to do?

7:05 PM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

i never heard if burying St. Joseph but i do believe in Saints. He is a wonderful keeper of the family. I am sure that He is more than willing to pray for your needs.

you are a busy girl. no matter what, you are always doing something. you are amazingly energetic and the opposite of lazy..my goodness, what do you eat? :) ...spinach i would guess.. i'm not 1/1000000 th as active as you. you, my sweet friend, are a wonderful wife and mother and being...an example to all of us. you make the female race a better one for sure.

enjoy your wknd. rest please. much love and hugs.

9:16 PM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

Friday, if you do a google search on St. Joseph, it will give you more information.

But basically, you bury a statue of St. Joseph upside down in the backyard. Either facing the house or facing the direction you want to move. When the paperwork is signed, you are to remove him and put him in a place of "honor" in your new home.

5:17 AM  
Blogger starbender said...

I believe everything happens 4 a reason. Burrying a statue upside down kinda creeps me out! Keep the faith-the house will sell!
;]

3:30 AM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

God will move you when he is ready -- but you already know that.

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home