Thursday, September 07, 2006

Animals in Our Neck of the Woods

I have talked about the deer and the turkey in my yard. I also have rabbits.
Yesterday I picked up a news letter at the city hall.
There was an article about Smokey the Bear. Mr Smokevitch nick name Smokey found he had a bear in a tree behind his house. The DNR tranquilized the bear, they then moved the bear to a less populated area.
The trees have begun to turn to color. So fall is about to return. It is just beautiful here during fall. I will try to get some pictures.
Because I would like someone to buy my home I will again tell of the great location of the home in Crystal Falls. Two blocks from the main street called Superior where there is a furniture store , home decorating store, hair dresser, barber shop, variety story[Ben Franklin]Theatre[not movie] library,hardware store and more. There are Doctors and Dentists with in walking distance. The school is in walking distance. It is a short distance to snow mobile trail and parks. Crystal Falls is a nice place to live. There is a golf course.

11 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Your town sounds great. Some leaves are dropping here, more from lack of rain than fall. We don't really have color change. One day leaves are on the trees, next day they are on the ground. I saw a possum walking along the top of the fence the other night.

8:22 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

Your little town sounds like an ideal place to live...while we dont have all those business places in our town they are only about 12 minutes away. We had a bear here in our town a couple years ago too.....

10:14 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

oh if you can get to taking those pictures we will be so happy looking at them..i'm sure it looks beautiful there, it sounds magnificent..nothing to what it's like here..i love that there is so much wild life..there is more danger to little ones and pets but i'm sure it's delightful to just look out your windown and see them right there.

i do hope your house sells soon. those silly people don't know what they are missing. that is a great buy..the positive feelings in that home must be something.

take care and receive many hugs..

10:43 AM  
Blogger starbender said...

betty~ it sounds beautiful! I use to have 7 acres, with all the wild-life, I miss it sooooooo much!
I hardly have any yard where I am now... I'm not ready 4 fall, that means winter is close by.

;]

12:03 PM  
Blogger JR's Thumbprints said...

Nothing beats Detroit. Where's the concrete? Just kidding. I'm envious.

4:08 PM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

Maybe we should move to Crystal instead of you guys moving here....

6:16 PM  
Blogger Neoma said...

When Ana was small we went up to Big Bear...to ski. There was a picture of Smokey holding a shovel and saying, "only you can prevent forest fires. She looked at that picture and said, "mom I changed my mind, I don't want to go up and visit that smokin, diggin bear........

Weil never forget that.

Betty why are you guys moving? Sounds like such a wonderful place to live.

7:07 PM  
Blogger MzAriez said...

We have lots of wildlife here too. There are so many deer that they are allowing bow-hunting in the city.

I still remember the time I had to wait for a porcupine to cross the road.

I just wanted to let you know you have been tagged. I gotta pass it on. Click here!

7:55 PM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Betty, maybe your house is too close to all those wierd goings on in Pigeon Falls.

8:03 PM  
Blogger kristi said...

wow fall already....you'll have to take pictures when the leaves peak and post them. I do not get fall in these here parts.

Crystal Falls sounds like your original American town.

4:13 AM  
Blogger B.R.L said...

Quilldancer: we are only a few feet from them.
Nea: Reason for the move is because we want to be part of our grandkids life and when we travel down there Dr John has a week or more for recovery. Summer travel for them is OK but the winter is scary.

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home