Friday, July 07, 2006

A Hermit Life

TC said that in his next move he might like to become a hermit. This is not a quote. I once when I was in college said that I would like to become a hernit and that was not acceptable to the instructor. He might have felt that was not a goal to have as you pay big bucks to go to school.

I like solitude. I like sitting by a river or a lake listening to the movement of the water. I like hearing the songs of the birds. I like walking down a woodland path.

I do not like noisy traffic,or crowds of people. I do not like calls from someone trying to sell me something I do not need. I do not feel comfortable with large parties, unless I am the host.

I have learned however that I would not like being a hermit either. When Dr John was ill I liked the support I got from others at the Beacon House or from my friends. I like bible studies. I like meeting at TOPS[take off pounds sensibly]. I like the friends I have made blogging. So a hermit's life is not for me.

We have been trying to get our home ready for people to see it. I put new lights in the front porch I know that doesn't sound like a big task and it is not but I also have to find the lamps a round it. At Christmas we took them down and put in an adapter to be able to light the Christmas decorations. I have one set done but can't find the other. I am going to have to go up in the attic, which is hot now but that is where the Christmas decorations are stored. It would have been smart to have restored them when we took down the Christmas decorations. We also began clearing the front door area of things we piled there. Boxes of trains not used in the train layout. We also put together an end table that was boxed sitting in the hallway sense it arrived. We are not speedy people.

My daughters arm is improving she can wiggle her fingers but can not bend them yet. The swelling has gone down. She decided not to go to Madison sense the meds seem to be working . They did increase the doseage.

My sister is in California for treatment and will be there for two months. Please continue to pray for her.

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You have a lot on your plate, dear. Bless you. I sometimes want to live a hermit's life. So much of God's handi-work to see and feel without society trying to change it.

6:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not a hermit but I enjoy solitude as well.

10:14 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

I like it both ways...I love being with people and I enjoy my quiet time to myself. Im kind of a mixed bag...lol.

Good luck on getting the house ready. Dont overdo.....esp on hot days. Just move at your own pace.

Praying for your sister! God bless.

11:36 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

Sometimes I think I am like Dr. John (impatient and picky eater) and sometimes I think I am like you about enjoying some groups but not like being a hostess and answering the phone from people I do not know.

To answer your question about the sleepover, I think the girls had a good time. They were awake until one and slept until 9:30.

Pete and Bree are going to a Blizzard game tonight, Lifefest tomorrow with Pennie.

Good luck finding the light fixture.

3:27 PM  
Blogger kristi said...

I definatly could not be a hermit, I love being around other people way too much, but I do appreciate my alone time.

Good Luck with getting the house ready. I know it is a lot of work but in the end it will pay off really well!!!!

4:37 AM  
Blogger Sandra said...

I'm not a hermit either, but I do enjoy solitude, so I know exactly what you mean.

Will keep your sister in my prayers :)
God Bless,
Sandra

7:47 AM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Betty I, too, am a Social hermit. I need the support of my friends. I enjoy sharing laughter and joy with everyone (even strangers in the check-out line. Yet I need my alone time.

I grew up in Northern Idaho. My dad was a logger and most of my life was lived outdoors. Now I live in a big concrete city where peace and solitude are harder to come by.

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home