Wednesday, July 05, 2006

The 4th Weekend

We went down to Green Bay on Sunday after attending a 50th wedding anniversary. We squeezed our gradndaughter into the car. She had a large suitcase and we had all the breathing equipment and two small weekend suitcases.

Monday we went house hunting and unlike the first trip we found the duplexes to our liking. Still have to do a lot of down sizeing. My daughter wants to look into building making to what we want. That is scary to us because it depends on the builder to do a good job and keep the cost to what we agreeded to. With a house already built you can see it as it is not a dream, even if it doesn't have all you want.

We had a good fireworks show and the only bad thing was my youngest son got hit in the face. That wasn't an only it did hurt but he said it was his fault because he got careless on the tapeing. I found and they gave it to me a completely safe firework a plastic globe of moving colors.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

The 4th was quite noisey in our neighborhood. Daisy barked almost non-stop. We would really like to move from the money pit we live in but unless we get really lucky we dont have the money right now, but we keep hoping.

7:50 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

Duplexes are nice if you get good neighbors. Im sorry your son got hit in the face, I am glad the 4th is over. It seemed like it was the 4th of July for 4 days! We have a nice cool breeze going on today....kinda nice.

9:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Duplexes are okay. Cissa and I share one. I would rather have are own place with our own yard. Good luck with the new home searching/building. I hope we can build our own one day.

I am glad Patrick dod not get hurt any worse!

10:33 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

I wonder if you finally got to play with your safe plastic fireworks that lit up? I feel the same as you about building.

I am glad your whole family was here, it was fun.

12:55 PM  
Blogger Cissa Fireheart said...

Glad you had a fairly good weekend/holiday. I will keep praying for you and Dr. John to find a good house in GB. Thanks for posting to my blog twice! I feel loved!

4:56 PM  
Blogger kristi said...

Glad that your son did not lose an eye or anything. I am sure it was a scary experience for him. I am a big scaredy cat when it comes to fireworks. They all scare me, I hate to have to light them.

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home