Wednesday, June 21, 2006

In Search of a Hat


I need a new hat. I do not need a hat for formal occasions, like church or a wedding. I have given up on finding one of those. I need a hat for gardening.
I bought a hat about five years ago. It is a cute hat light blue with cherries on it. I have a problem with hats because I have a small head. I bought this hat in a toddlers shop when my daughter-in law was looking for something for her youngest.

The problem with this hat is that it is lined and in the heat I am soon sweating and it comes down my face into my eyes. I have sunblock on and that is in my eyes. I give up on the hat but that is not good. I need to find a cool hat[temperature not style]. that will fit my head.

I have to admit that I am a blog idiot. I have no idea how to do a silent picture. I had one picked out and can't get to appear. Dr John although patient may not be for long. He says it is because I fear the computer.

I will list what I am thankful for:
Dr John's is able to work at his trains.
My granddaughter is comming for a week and that my grandsons came last week.
That my friend is out of the coma and they found out what was wrong and they are treating it.
That another friend is home from the hospital.
For Gods continual love and the blessings He gives. He really has blessed me and wrapped me in His love though all the tough times. I am so thankful to be able to talk to Him when I am so afraid of what is happening.

7 Comments:

Blogger kristi said...

I am not really a hat person, I have always admired the girls that can pull off wearing a hat, especially a ball cap. Maybe if you got a visor Betty, it would keep the sun out of your eyes and your head could breathe.

6:19 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

my grandma and daughters are such hat people. and they all look so beautiful. but i cannot pull one off. i look very, very silly, trust me. i hope you find a good hat soon, burning eyes or head is not a good thing.

i don't know much about blogging either. i wouldn't call you an idiot at all. you and i do the same thing, type. the boys have fixed it up for us to do that. but you got one up on me, what is a silent picture? i don't understand that at all..

i'm so glad that your friends are both doing better. And that Bree is coming, she will want to play Scrabble. We are grateful for all your family and the joy they all give us.

have a wonderful day and take care.

8:01 AM  
Blogger B.R.L said...

Chana:
The silent picture is from Fridays Child blog I think she does that on Wednesday.

8:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very glad about your friends!

Good luck finding a hat. Durk has the same problem too, but because his head is soooo big! LOL better to have a small head than a big one!

10:41 AM  
Blogger Bella said...

I am sure you woul dbe able to find something suitable if you looked online. I prefer the straw hats because they come in all shapes and sizes and have holes for venting. I put sunblock in my hair because I am such a toehead but the straw hats still work good.

12:10 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

I would try a visor Betty....I know when I have the sun block on and it runs in my eyes it burns! Or maybe one of those big handkerchiefs tied around your head? You can make them as big or small as you want. Have fun with your granddaughter...I always loved spending time with my Grandmother...some of my best memories are of her.

1:06 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

I can't do all that much with my computer either. But in my case it is more laziness than fear. It's a good thing I'm not too lazy to garden. Actually, sometimes I am. :)

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home