Saturday, July 08, 2006

Dollhouses

When my granddaughter came last week we started to work on building a dollhouse. This was not probably a good choice on my part. I had to try and get my house ready for others to look at, and we put up a card table to work on in the middle of my dinning room. I love dollhouses and my granddaughter does also so I wanted to share that with her and I had the dollhouse kits in the basement. We did not get it finished because we ran into a wiring problem for some reason the tape did not work. We got the first and second floors in and got tile in the bathroom and carpet in the bedroom. Today I brought the undone house to the basement covering it ,reboxing materials not used yet. We will beable to finish it next time we get together. I have made three dollhouses and collected dollhouse furniture. Bree likes to use the dollhouses and as she plays makes up stories which she puts on her blog.

The desire for a dollhouse began when I was very young. I was three or four when I began a conversation with a boy across the street. For many days we would talk across the street not being alowed to cross the street. He lured me with a promise of a dollhouse his father had at work. I crossed that street and many more in search of his fathers work place. I got scared the further we wondered from my home but he threaten to beat me with his belt, so I shut up. We were at one time in the bus terminal where they told us to leave. They may have called the police. The police picked us up and drove us to our homes. We were by the ore docks when they found us. The docks were about six blocks away .I have a great guardian angel.

I have a problem that I will have to bring up to Dr John. I would go to his blog from my sons but the links are missing at my sons. I tried Lori's that didn't work.

6 Comments:

Blogger Lori's Minute said...

Betty, go to one of the other blogs such as Mimis or one of my old ones and click on Dr. Johns comments. Pete is re-working my page and in the process screwed up his!

Wow, I did not know the story of the dollhouse and the kid across the street. I am glad you made it home safe

9:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that you are doing dollhouses with your garndaughter. That is a special memory I wish I had. I am happy yours grandaughter will have it.

You do have a great guradian angel and I am very glad. I hope Dr John is feeling better soon.

9:21 AM  
Blogger Gary said...

That is a pretty scary story you told. Glad it turned out all right.

4:16 AM  
Blogger starbender said...

Here is a link 2 the Dr.
Dr. John

I have always luv'd dollhouses, but have never had one myself!
:""( I feel sooo deprived!
:)

7:57 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm glad you had a guardian angel then. I loved my dollhouse. Way back when...it was metal and I played with it for hours. Too bad my girls never liked to play with dollhouses. Sigh.

8:03 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

I adore dollhouses and dolls.......Last Christmas I was shopping for my granddaughter and bought 2 dolls for me while I was there. I remember a dollhouse I got for Christmas one year...it had electric lights a fence all around the yard and a car!!! I loved it, played with it for hours and hours. You grandaughter will always remember making that dollhouse with you.

4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home