Wednesday, August 23, 2006

gadgets

We love gadgets. I first came to know of them when I would go with my parents to the State Fair. There were booths selling different gadgets. My mother would always fine at least one gadget to come home with. Now these gadgets are sold on TV.

I watch as they demonstrate the use. There are testimonies of how great they are. I need one of those. They will solve all my problems. I order the gadget and it arrives and I use it and it doesn't work or it is no way as good as the ad. I have sewing machines, scissors, saws, gardening tools. choppers. You know the trunk loads I have been taking to the dump. We did put some of the items out for sale at the rummage sale telling the buyers that we couldn't get it to work. I must be one of the suckers born every minute or very inept.

The latest was an ad for a wire looking device that you push in the wall to hang pictures etc. I have bought many items for hanging which have failed.

We broke out laughing. No way would we beable to use it to hang anything on the walls here. They are not wallboard. These are solid. We were not suckers this time. But maybe they could work.

11 Comments:

Blogger Lori's Minute said...

Funny! The only thing I ever bought on tv was a music cd. I am too afraid to buy those things advertised. I always think, if they are so good, how come none of the stores sell them?

7:19 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

I find the best thing for hanging pictures is a good old nail....lol

8:21 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Hi, Betty. Thanks for vising my boring little blog.

I love gadgets too. I especially love kitchen gadgets. I always think they will make me a better cook somehow... hah.

Josie

9:20 PM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

I always write the toll free number down, then before I can get to the phone my common sense returns.

6:28 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

If only we can invent the next greatest gadget! Then we can sit back and have no need to buy them anymore because we'll be so rich our maids and butlers will do all that sort of stuff.

I'm cleaning house too, not that we're moving - but trying to simplify our contents and ditch the clutter. I don't know how all this stuff moved in here when I wasn't looking.

My living room, it is next after my bathroom is finished. I'm doing a little at a time as money allows. I have some beautiful material to make window treatments and I may match up the theme/living room to go with what I have.

It's either Victorian (blue/tan) or go Peachy/Flowery/Roses to the despair of my manly husband. It is a small area (12x12) so I don't have much room. Most of all, I wish for it to be simple.

Take care Betty! -M

1:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am plainly said a geek. I love gadgets. I must get that from you guys. LOL I have to stay away from the comercal gadget world or I would buy every gadget they showed on tv. The worst is the infomercial.

11:48 PM  
Blogger starbender said...

Oh---
I have a Love/Hate relationship with these!
I hate 2 watch
cuz I Love 2 buy!
Augh!
:]

6:48 PM  
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Thanks for your prayers and sympathy and thanks too for your happy greetings. I'll be back by Wednesday for the Wordless Wednesday.
My sister-in-law was finally put to rest. Cremation took place yesterday. It was a very painful moment for all of us as she was loved by the family. However, when one loves someone, she/he must also learn how to let go.
I would also like to thank you for the happy greetings for my new grandson.
I'll be back Wednesday for the Wordless Wednesday. As of now, my head seems to be floating on air. I can't seem to find my brains anywhere yet.

9:01 PM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

Saw those hangers on tv. Was wondering if they would work.

11:36 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

gadgets are fun. who doesn't love them? if my kids could only pocess everyone of them, they be thrilled...don't feel bad that you like them, we all do...and we all are in the same boat: that they work at home same as in tv.

6:31 PM  
Blogger Neoma said...

Hi Betty, my husband is a gadget person, but I always talk him out of buying them. I bought a glass cutter once, that didn't work, and since then I look but don't buy. I decided they mostly don't work. Oh the sample one usually does, like the glass cutter, but the one that they sold me didn't have the diamond cutting edge......

Tom still wants to buy them, but I just tell him, I don't have the space, and he usually does't push me. And yet, we do seem to have quite a few gadgets, I wonder if he gets them anyway. haha

11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home