Sunday, August 27, 2006

A Good/Bad day

Yesterday was a very strange day with good and bad. A friend passed away and one got married. There was a large age difference. My friend who died was elderly. He was a gentle quiet man. The one who got married was an aquaintence who with his wife will probably become a pastor.

There were two other events that added to the day. I talked to my daughter who went to a wedding of the daughter of the woman who hired her at this job. My daughter liked the service which was different than other weddings she had attended. Bride and groom were becoming pastors like the couple above. The father of the bride is a pastor. Instead of solos the congregation sang hymns. The the light for the two candles becoming one started with every one lighting a candle starting at the back of the church, and at the end the parents lighting the two candles and the bride and groom lighting the one candle.

Just before I called my daugher I listened to a sermon from a Catholic priest on TV. I don't know who he was. Something caught me as I was switching channels. It was on how a good God could allow evil.

Well that was my day except for grocery shopping and packing a few more boxes.

8 Comments:

Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

I like the way they did the candle lighting ceremony -- especially in "light" of last night's revival service where the pastor talked to us about reviving our purpose as a church -- and as the church we are all one body whose purpose is to be salt and light to the world.

7:40 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

The candles was a nice touch. Our wedding - was a surprise sort of.

I'll blog about it through the next 2 months. As you know we share the same birthday - we were going to get married that day but...

It's a long story so I won't bore you just yet. =O)

6:11 PM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

I guess a good/bad day is better than a bad/bad day?

Sorry your friend passed away.

8:16 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Bad/bad would be bad. Sorry to hear your friend passed away.
Glad to hear your other friend got married ( I think) LOL. I hope you still have enough places to put up four peoples. We thinking about comming up on Wensday morning/afternoon staying to friday if it is alright with you. I may even call first. lol

9:59 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

Sorry about your friend Batty. The wedding your daughter went to sounded nice. I would like that.

3:27 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

I think you will be packing boxes forever.

That wedding sounds like a really nice one.

7:04 PM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

i'm sorry that your friend passed away. kiss your heart better sweet Betty. you will see him again i believe.

congrats on all the weddings. love and their celebration are a wonderful thing to share.

6:29 PM  
Blogger Neoma said...

My husband keeps talking about moving, he wants to live up in the Blue Ridge Mountains, but I don't think I want to move again. So I am amazed at your energy for this move. All the sales and packing and everything.......very tiring. I hope that all goes well on your house sale, and that you can get into your new place soon.

11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home