Sunday, August 06, 2006

I want to fix Just One More Thing

I can't believe she did it again. The people helping to sell the Pennie's [my daughter] house suggested she repaint her walls that were red . She explained that her right arm doesn't work and that it would be difficult. Wanting to sell the house she decided to repaint. She had that done just before people came to look at her house, on Saturday. Sunday was the open house and she had some red paint on the ceiling ,marks from when she painted the red. She got some paint and began to paint on Sunday morning . The paint was very thin and she had every thing covered but they didn't stay covered and so paint was getting on the furniture and the rug. She was backing up and tripped and fell into the windowsill and then fell to the ground reinjuring her right hand. With her hand in pain she cleaned up the best she could, When the people came she went to Shopko and got something cold to put on her hand and fell asleep in her car. She awoke and went back to her home. The pain increased. When she called me with the news, I told her to call a friend and get to the hospital to have someone look at her hand. I am waiting now to hear from her. To find out about the condition she has you can go to her blog, the link is on the left . She blogged about it starting on May 1 . It is call RSD Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy.

9 Comments:

Blogger Lori's Minute said...

I was just telling Pete this morning that the real estate lady must be nuts in telling Pennie she should repaint knowing that she only had the use of one arm. I hope she will be ok....maybe this time the body will react the way it is supposed to and it will actually heal this time?????(Like Dr. John's arm when he went skiing).

I may call you tomorrow to see what you know since she went to the doctor.

8:35 PM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

oh my goodness, poor Pennie is not having a good day. oh i'm so sorry.
my sister is a real state agent and i know that if for some reason something had to be fixed and the person like Pennie couldn't, she get in there to help out so the sell go through...my goodness, that real state agent knows about her condition...yikes...and she even had to stay of in the car in horrible pain..yikes, poor girl.
pls let update us tomorrow on her doings.
i think everyone will feel better when you guys all are living together and closer to the rest of the family.
pls give her a hug and have one for yourself. and thank you for the bday wish in my blog and in Joe's. mighty nice of you.

10:45 PM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

After reading this I stopped and said a prayer for Pennie. The Lord does work in mysterous ways. Let's hope this fall turns out to be a blessing in disguise.

7:40 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

I do hope all is well with Pennys arm... I wouldnt have repainted...practically everyone that moves in repaints anyway, I would have let them do it. The color of a room is nothing to change..unless you have a bum arm! That realtor should have known better!!! Shame on her.

1:22 PM  
Blogger Neoma said...

Why is it that we let ourselves be talked into doing things that we know we shouldn't.......I have done it myself, and ended up wishing I had just ignored the whole thing.

I hope that she gets over this, I know how debilitating hands that don't work properly can be. No one wants to ask for help, but sometimes we should.

My 92 year old Mother will get up on a ladder and try to do things that she has no reason to do, rather than ask for help. So I guess we all do it.

4:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just read about this at Loris blog. Pennie is in my prayers.

6:02 PM  
Blogger starbender said...

Why would they tell her 2 repaint?
People don't buy houses 4 the color of the walls----
most people buy houses 'cuz they luv em, and then they paint them 2 suit their own needs!

I hope u'r daughter feels better!

:)

6:34 AM  
Blogger B.R.L said...

I also donot under stand why the repainting also the staging. When I look at a house I look to see if it will fit my needs and not the color of the walls [remember I have rose walls every where and i did plan on painting . I guess from watch Sell This House that those going through comment on what the people that are selling the house have, chairs plants etc.

7:16 AM  
Blogger Vest said...

That inane S person who comments on starbender besmirching my goodname has probably been the rat who has helped in selling up to Aug 11; 267 copies of my book from the publisher alone over a period of nine days.

while we are all in prayer mode. let us kneel and pray for the redemption of Saby Dasouza, who is wavering on the brink of no return, why do normal bloggers allow his unseemly comments to infect the blogosphere, I say "Begone foul Varlet.
It is time that saby should be removed. If you agree a simple message would suffice "NO MORE SABY" and delete him whenever he turns up.

PASS THIS MESSAGE ALONG."DELETE SABY".

1:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home