Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Day Off

I took the whole day off. I was not planning to do this but a friend who use to live here came to visit. She has family here who she spent the morning with and then the group of us that use to be together went out to eat. In the morning I went to TOPS . We had good conversation and a good meal. This was true of both groups. I am also going out again on Friday with the group to celebrate a birthday. I don't think this is a good way to lose weight but it is good for sanity. One of the group who is going through a divorce and is selling her house and moving is part of the group. I think we both needed a break.

I was going to put up the tables tonight, but I need John's help and he felt it was too late to go out. Will need an early morning get up and move. Although the idea of name your price is a good one we will go with the quarter for this one. The next one a name your price might be good, it has some items that I would like more than a quarter. I could give a bottom price.
Hope I will be sane tomorrow night.

7 Comments:

Blogger Lori's Minute said...

Yes, you deserve a day off!!!! I am glad you got to see an old friend. I think Breanna should use the name Terry Polk as part of her stories or perhaps she will visit Pigeon Falls.

When I had my rummage sale, I said everything was a quarter unless marked otherwise and people seemed to be happy with that.

7:51 PM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

you have been working very hard. harder than usual even. that is alot. i'm very glad you had some time off and some fun.

i'm sorry for the lady going through the divorce. it is such a sad thing.

good luck tomorrow. hope it all sells. great deals for sure.

pls don't worry about your weight. you are so beautiful. inside and out. you are just right. enjoy your friday. take care. many, many hugs.

9:03 PM  
Blogger starbender said...

Ahhh,
there is nothing like a day off!
Thanx so much 4 u'r sweet words and checkin out all my sites...
that's quite a feat!
dr. john has sent me many good people!
:]

9:26 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Enjoy your day off! And dont do what I usually do. If I take a day off, I usually keep thinking of what I should be doing so much that I start feeling guilty.

7:55 AM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Regular days off are necessary to refuel for all the work ahead. I think I may have even read that in the Bible .... [grin].

You earned it. You deserved it. I am glad you enjoyed it.

9:29 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

Its good that you took a day off Betty and spent some time with your friends...that can be so relaxing. Moving is the pits, isnt it....or I should say getting everything ready to move. Good luck on your sale!

12:14 PM  
Blogger Neoma said...

I need to have a sale myself, and I just put it off, and put it off. I love to go to them, but do not much like having them myself. I don't care to dicker on price. So I often practically give things away. I am lucky if I make much, so it hardly pays. I have told the kids, if they will sit with me and help sell, they can split the money. they last about an hour, and slowly they disappear.....and I am left all alone. Right now, it is just to hot, it was 99 today. Good luck, hope you sell lots of stuff.

9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home