Wednesday, October 25, 2006

The Cold is Here

I have been waiting all week for some dryer and warmer weather to finish getting ready for winter. Our temps have been in the thirties. My hands get cold so soon. I still have three window frames and two garage doors to paint. We also have been having rain [cold rain] or snow. I took advantage of the sun and temps in the 40 to drain the pool and taking out the pump. I cover it. There was a layer of ice on the water, when I started.

I also took the time to unload the left overs of the rummage sale still on a table by the garage. We were going to put them on free cycle but didn't so I put them in garbage bags. There was a old blender of my mother -in-laws which was filled with water from the rain now ice from the cold. It was just too early for this cold.

Lois asked if I was going to have another rummage sale. Answer no ,too cold. I did have a sale at the other house before we moved inside. We had moved all the other stuff we wanted and we were not trying to sell the house, which we are trying to do with this one.

5 Comments:

Blogger Louisiana said...

i remember last winter you saying how hard it was for you to work with gloves on but i wonder if maybe those that have the tips off might help your grip and still keep you at least a bit warmer.

imagening you cold is a horrible thought. i hope that it warms up just enough so that you can finish what you have to still do.

today it was so warm (for me anyways) 13 C or 55 F that i wore sandals today...but tonight the furnace is back on..lol..and tomorrow is jackets..so is life here in Calgary...it changes dramatically from hour to hour..

9:32 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

One thing we don't have down here in Houston is a lot of cold weather. I would love to see some snow, but we haven't had any of that in ten years or so.

I have never used freecycle. It sounds interesting, so one of these days I may give it a try.

2:21 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Cold? What's that?
I have seen little hand and feet warmers that you can put in gloves or socks. Maybe you could try them? A lot of hunters around here use them.

8:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad it is not quite that cold yet here. But as long as there is sunshine I do not mind teh cold so much. The sun does wonders for my mood.

10:08 AM  
Blogger Kat Campbell said...

It has gotten cold way too early! Scares me thinking about what's to come when we have ice in October. You've been busy and are now well deserving of a big cup of hot chocolate and a footstool!

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home