Friday, April 07, 2006

On throwing like a girl!

I feel that I should defend the Emergency Rooms of our area. Iron River and Marquette acted quickly when Dr John's life was on the line. He is not the best patient when over loaded with carbon dioxide.
On another subject. I read on a blog about a female child not being the best baseball player. " She throws like a girl".
When I was a small child I was bad. I did not do well with team sports or games and would be the last one picked for good reason. I not only could not throw but could not catch the ball.
I picked the outfield and prayed that no one would hit the ball.
My fiends found a use for me I would watch for cars and shout out car when one approached our street "field".
I had skinned knees when playing Red Rover.
I did find some sports that I liked and did well in. Roller skating and ice skating. Cross country skiing I also enjoyed.
I feel that it is important to find a physical activity to do.
It is sad when coaches or teacher give children a hard time and they withdraw from participating at all.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so with you on that Betty! Kids are exploring, learning, and playing. There is no need to be the best in things. Everyone contributes to the world in their own special way.

8:11 PM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

I was the same way as a kid. The only thing I was good at was swimming and wouldn't you know, we did not have a swim team....go figure.

Welcme to blogging, I find it therapeutic....Lori

9:47 PM  
Blogger Chris Beason said...

My daughter plays soccer and has been taught by her coach that if you don't play well, you sit on the bench. If you want to play, then you need to learn to play better. My argument is...how are they going to learn to play better if you don't give them the chance to play?! She plays in every game and doesn't understand how come I can't just be happy that she gets to play.

10:44 PM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

Hi. Congratulations on your first blog. Beautifully done by the way.
It's funny to hear the 'other side' of the ER story. I supposse i wouldn't have been the easiest patient in that condition. Actually i know i'm not an easy patient in any condition. It's hard to be ill and/or sick. There are no instruction mannuals and once my emotions get a hold on me, well i'm less perfect i guess. You are quite the beautiful lady. And you have a beautiful family. I love family, i think it's an overlooked, well groomed establishment.
Happy belated birthday by the way....I will be back to read your post. Good luck with the new experience. You are off to a great start.

4:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home